Introducing the {Cricut Maker}

*** Cricut provided me with all the materials in the picture below in exchange for a product review. 
All thoughts are mine and are not influenced by anyone else. ***


For the past few months, I've been doing some behind the scenes product testing so I could give a comprehensive review on the Cricut Maker, the newest cutting tool to join the Cricut line of products.  If you recall, I had the chance to try the Cricut Explore Air 2 last summer and absolutely loved the ease of using it!!

When Cricut contacted me late last year, I honestly thought Christmas came early!!  I had wanted to purchase the Maker for my birthday (day after it released) but..... I decided my girls needed desks for homework instead so I used all my "fun" money for that and then had no Maker money left ....  womp womp.  So I was incredibly excited to be included on this campaign!!!  Then more so, when the package above arrived at my door!  #rosegoldfordays


What is the Cricut Maker?

The Cricut Maker is the ultimate smart cutting machine.  It has an adaptive tool system which allows the machine to precisely know where to cut, which direction and with the exact pressure needed.  There are several blades available -- allowing you to cut anything from tissue paper to balsa wood, and pretty much everywhere in between.  The most useful tool for me though is the included rotary cutter blade which allows you to cut fabric,  including the most delicate of fabrics!!  This is the first machine that doesn't require the fabric to be bonded which is a big deal.  You can literally cut anything (pretty much).

 This machine will grow with you too.  Because of its Adaptive Tools System™; you can upgrade your machine with new tools in the future instead of upgrading your machine!

Initial Thoughts:

Holy moly, this machine is so gorgeous!  It looks sleek and modern and in the hottest color at the moment... rose gold.  As you flip open the top, the front opens up as well.  Inside the front tray are hidden compartments for holding extra tools.  There are also two holders on the top left.  I use the deeper holder for my Cricut pens and the more shallow one to hold my rotary blade when it's not in use.  There is a slot on top to hold your phone or tablet and has a handy USB port available to charge your device at the same time.  Cricut really took the time to think through all the details.


Why do I need it for sewing?!

Raise your hand if you've had to cut out small pieces by hand for sewing?   Sewing for my girls and their dolls, I am always cutting small pieces.  I also like to be precise and the Cricut Maker makes it sooooo easy to be precise - down to one one hundredth of an inch.   Seriously, I try to hand cut out rectangles, hold them up and they are definitely not perfect.  This machine is perfect for quilters, children's clothing makers, and even bow makers!  Imagine cutting 10 bows at once?!   EEK.  The cutting space is 12" x 24" so I can even cut bodice's out for my girls (as soon as I figure out how to upload it properly ...  lol    I have an idea.  Stay tuned!)

The Cricut library contains many patterns that are ready for you to cut your fabric and then sew, but with Design Space, you can also make your own or upload your own.  My first week with the Maker, I made bias tape!!  I love that I can put in exact measurements in Design Space (makes those cutting charts quick to cut!).



Design Space is extremely user friendly.  When I first used Design Space last summer, I literally had my project coming together in minutes.  It's that easy to figure out.   Plus, you can access Design Space on your tablet/phone when you're out running errands, or sitting in car line.

Another neat feautre is the fabric marker (sold separately) to mark seam allowances or draw on your fabric (to embroider for example).  How cool is this?  I am all about precision.


Not only is it useful for cutting fabrics, you can use it for iron-on, vinyl, paper, and so much more. I am a preschool teacher during the day so each month, I cut all of my materials for my bulletin boards with my Maker (sadly I don't have any pictures). Iron-on is another favorite of mine. I love adding that personal touch in a really short amount of time.


Cricut also has a stylish sewing accessories kit and it is seriously the sharpest I have ever used. The seam ripper and I are BFFs and she never lets me down!

What comes in the box?
Cricut Maker™ machine, Rotary Blade + Drive Housing, Premium Fine Point Blade + Housing, Fine Point Pen, FabricGrip™ Mat 12" x 12", LightGrip™ Mat 12" x 12", welcome book, USB cable, power adapter, Cricut Access™ free trial membership, 50 free ready-to-make projects, including 25 sewing patterns, materials for a first project. MSRP: $399.99


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature